View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #244
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone gone back and checked to see what the playoff picture would've looked like had the new playoff structure been in place last year? Might be interesting to see how things would've worked out for the Chiefs in that scenario. Or even back the previous year.
I found this

Using this past season as an example, the 49ers and Ravens would’ve still earned byes as the top seeds. The No. 2 seeds, the Packers and eventual Super Bowl champion Chiefs, would’ve faced the No. 7 seeds, which would’ve been the Rams and Steelers, who didn’t make the postseason in 2019.

Here’s a look at the other teams from recent years that would have made the postseason under the new format.

What could have been…

Under the reported new format for the @NFL Playoffs, these teams would have been the extra #7 seed:

2019: Steelers, Rams
2018: Steelers, Vikings
2017: Ravens, Lions
2016: Titans, Buccaneers
2015: Jets, Falcons
— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) February 20, 2020

That bye becomes way more important, do we make that 24 point comeback vs Houston if we had played the week before, do we win the Superbowl vs 9ers who played one less game. I understand there are a lot of hypothetical scenarios out there but you need a perfect regular season without injuries and some luck to get that #1

Last edited by Monticore; 02-22-2020 at 12:49 PM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.