View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #89
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
I get a new IP address every day at work. Pretty sure I can make another account if I get banned for making a thread telling people to post in it so I could tell them how much they meant to ChiefsPlanet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
actually I'm sitting at work quite calm

again, I'm never here to cause problems...I genuinely like this place and 90% of the users. Great place.

but now with the luxury of being able to get a different IP whenever I want...I'll call out someone for being a dipshit when they are being a dipshit.

In this case, Gonzo was a ****ing dipshit.
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

If Chiefsplanet really wants to ban you, they can ban you.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.