Thread: Movies and TV The Last Dance
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #89
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Hate him? I don't hate him. I don't know that man. I was never a fan because I never watched him in the 80's and 90's.

But any outside observer can easily see that if the greatest athlete in the world had spoken up about the absurdity of Pippen's contract, Pippen would have been taken care of, immediately.

The mere fact that you don't understand that simple notion is quite telling about you.
Uh no. Krause and Reinsdorf had a widely known reputation for "if you sign it, you own it. Don't try to renegotiate it later." That's a cast iron fact. So there was never going to be a "oops, let's fix this" moment for Pippen once he signed.

As for Jordan, he wasn't Pippen's daddy. Pippen was a grown-ass man, able to make his own grown-up decisions.

And where does it say that Jordan was even aware of Pippen's contract details before Pippen signed? Did Pippen even discuss his contract with anyone on the team before signing?

But that's all just speculation. The fact is, that Scottie Pippen chose years instead of dollars, because of his childhood. It was a mistake, but it was all his. Jordan, or any elite player doesn't have any obligation to be another player's daddy.
For that matter, if we're going to go down that road, how do we know that Jordan didn't tell Pippen to try and negotiate for a better deal?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.