Thread: Movies and TV The Last Dance
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 02:11 PM   #77
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This forum has been bitching for decades about Tom Brady taking less money each year so that the Patriots can put a team around him.
I don't think you can compare the NFL to other sports because of the way the contracts are setup. The NBA had no cap at the time. The NFL "taking less money" is just taking more guaranteed money to lower the cap number and has no effect on what the player is actually being paid.

I can't think of an instance of a MLB or NBA player giving money back to a team so that they can pay another player. But if there is one, please do share.

MJ taking less would not have affected Pippen's contract. It wasn't because the Bulls were out of money or were up against the cap. They said "you signed it, you deal with it"
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.