Thread: Chiefs Lucas Niang opts out...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #43
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Tardif at his best was one of the best pass protectors in the league at G.

The rookie was likely going to start at left guard this season, and at the very least was going to be a top backup somewhere.

One injury to anyone on the OL and we are looking at a dumpster fire of an OL.

I ****ing SHIVER if either of our tackles gets hurt or taps out.
Tardif hasn't been 'at his best' for 3 seasons. Mahomes has never had a 'good' version of Tardif in front of him. I don't think he was ever really getting back there, to be honest. Moreover, Wylie at RG was pretty steady in '18 - as good as LDT was that season at least.

And Remmers is better than Erving was last year, by a fair bit, IMO.

So the likely starting OL of Fisher - Osemele - Reiter - Wylie - Schwartz is probably about on par with anything Mahomes has had over the last 2 seasons. And if Fisher goes down, Remmers is probably better than any swing tackle we've had on the roster. If a G goes down, Rankin is probably as good as any backup G we've had. Allegretti was already the backup C.

I don't see any real cause for alarm.

Yet.

Opt-out period isn't over and any more hits could really start to sting.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.