Thread: Life Retirement Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 05:37 PM   #44
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
I retired on 19 Jan after 25 years of being a technical writer.

Best decision I ever made was doing the 10% pre-tax contribution to my 401K. It was painful the first few years, but now that I received my first monthly payout, it definitely was worth it. Also, was lucky that for the first 12 years, the company was doing a 10% match (got dropped to 6% after that, but 6% beats nothing).

Now, I'm moving into the house-husband stage while my wife finishes up her last few years with the government and gets her pension/401K going too. Definitely perusing the "What's for Dinner" thread for ideas. You guys are way creative.

Also, taking advantage of my downtime to get some writing in. Hope to get at least two novels finished this year.

So, life is good, and we're beginning to look around to decide where the final retirement location is going to be (definitely NOT Maryland . . . state never met a tax it didn't like). But, so far, after two and a half months of being retired, things are going well.
Congrats mcf!
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote