View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #43987
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. The PCR test gives a "yes/no" regarding infection, as I understand it. It doesn't provide a determination of how contagious a person is (viral load).

Is that correct?
Depending on what the actual cycle is set at, yes. But infection isn't necessarily a yes or no question apparently. I talked to an infectious disease buddy about this recently.

The PCR test given when symptomatic, yes will give you an answer on what genetic viral infection you have. The issue is that it's so sensitive it's gonna show viral "particles" for a while post infection so it doesn't do much to show whether you're past infeciton or just beginning.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote