View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 05:24 AM   #238
New and Improved

I think he already knows what a lot of his problem is, and he scratched the surface in post #60 on this thread.
He said something to the effect of " One thing that has contributed to him being fucked is that he used to be a Jehova Witness".
I'll apologize in advance if I offend any fellow planeteers with what I'm going to say.
What this means is that he has been taught, well, taught is putting it lightly,more like programed that he should not associate socially with anyone who is not a J.W. And, if at some time he did anything that went against the J.W.'s beliefs he would have been disassociated (correct term?) by all of the J.W.'s. Including his own family. Basically a person could be socially ostracized for what GC was trying to get the courage up to do tonight.
If GC was raised as a J.W. he's probably had few, if any, oppurtunities to be around regular Joes that party, drink, and chase tang on a regular basis. That could certainly make the idea of going to a party and picking up on some chick seem like a scary proposition. He'd be going into uncharted waters. And, on at least a subconscious level, feeling that it is just wrong to do that sort of thing would not make it any easier.
All the advice in the world about how to hit on the girl, how to act , what to do and what not to do isn't going to help. It boils down to his fear of the unknown. He's just gonna have to decide to do it.

Well ????
Just thrownig it out there. What do ya'all think?

Just realized it's 5:30 . I hope this makes sense after I get some sleep.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.