View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #272
MVP

A lot of comparisons to Derrick Johnson being made by pundits and I’m not sure that is entirely fair.

Chiefs fans need to be patient with this guy. Remember how DJ’s career started? Pretty lacklustre, but Todd Haley was the guy who figured out which buttons to push.

Gay has superior athletic traits and measurables which likely allow him to see the field sooner than later. My concern with him him is his relevant experience and football IQ. Only a six game starter with the Bulldogs and a recurring knock on him in scouting reports is his inconsistent gap discipline along with a tendency to overrun plays.

The character questions do not bother me here - I trust Reid/Veach vet these guys well. For the sake of the young man I hope the fanbase is patient (not many were patient with DJ), because there is some boom/bust here. I take solace in the fact that the Chiefs are coached extremely well, and Spags/House will get this guy up to speed.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote