View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 03:54 PM   #2
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
Now this is a youtuber and his name is "That Franchise Guy". He is well above 20K subscribers so we all owe him a big "LETS GOOOOOOOOO" for that. All kidding aside, the dude seems to know his stuff. I've listened to a fair amount of his pre-draft stuff and if he's full of crap, he's full of crap on a level that I couldn't recognize, cause he knows more than I do.

Here is what he said about the Chiefs:

"Last pick, FAU. This to me is just kinda like a 'fine' pick. I really don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about it but I also don't have a lot of great things to say about it. I love that it's a hometown pick (VK note: Bubba Starling was also a hometown pick, so I personally hate that it's a hometown pick, but That Franchise Guy loves that) because I think that's a lot of fun. I think he will be an effective player, basically a Frank Clark replacement...but I really don't see a first round player in FAU's game; he doesn't have explosive traits that could potentially make for a good starter, or even a high-end starter. I understand a lot of EDGE players had fallen off the board here, and it is the thirty-first pick, which is more of a second round pick than a true first round pick. Not an exciting pick. This is more like "this makes sense, this is fine."

What makes this sting is that basically every player taken in the 12 picks prior to the Chiefs got grades ranging from 'STEAL' to 'CALL THE FBI THIS IS SUCH A STEAL IT IS A MAJOR MAJOR CRIME'. We instead got what I'm interpreting as a C- on this pick from your guy That Franchise Guy.

Here is the video and I cued up the timestamp to go right to the Chiefs. But if you read my OP you know what he said already:

Not the most impactful pick ever made, seems to be the conclusion.

Who cares how many subs. My friend coached college football and told me about Mahomes in 2016 and he loves this player for us. And his subs on YouTube are blah.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.