View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #146
Supporter

I saw RoS again last night, this time at the B&B X screen in Olathe, which was as good or better a viewing experience I’ve ever had, including IMAX.

Since I’d already seen it, I could sit back, relax and just enjoy it and surprisingly, I did just that: Enjoyed it. I enjoyed it knowing that it had a lot of plot holes and things that just didn’t add up, so I just looked at it as a self-contained film and not the last of of 11 films overall.

In that regard, it was tight and taut, well acted, well produced and fun. The action never ceased and the choreography was pretty amazing. Everyone in our group of 14 people loved it, especially those that didn’t “live and die” Star Wars.

After the movie, I came to the realization that it’s over: Not just the Skywalker Saga, but the Event, the magic that captured the world. It’s gone and it’s extremely unlikely that Star Wars will ever rule the box office ever again.

In some ways, that’s liberating and I hope that Lucasfilm begins to concentrate on Standalone Stories like The Mandalorian and the other upcoming series as self-contained within the rules set forth by the films. If thats their goal, it’s attainable.

If their goal is to create another mind blowing multigenerational epic without having the source material in place, they’re going to fail and fail hugely, like massive box office losses.

Time will tell if they’ve learned the lesson or not...
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote