View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #138

The whole thing kind of felt like Batman v Superman, so I shouldn't have been surprised the same guy helped write this. It was the exact same thing... a plot with some decent ideas but the whole thing was completely rushed. Just flew threw the plot at 100 mph.

Then to top it off, he pulled the EXACT same plot trick from BvS. You have this epic battle where this guy who is full of rage, ready to kill, and then he stops suddenly and doesn't attack, because of his mother, then completely has a change of heart. You don't get any sense that he's conflicted before that moment, he's the one trying to convert Rey, then poof. I'm a good guy now! It's exactly the same. Then he pulled out the exact same trick with Harrison Ford that he did with Kevin Costner coming back from the dead to talk to his conflicted son.

Granted I liked TLJ, but it was definitely better than this movie. There are a dozen other things I could point out but there's probably no point. I thought the parallels to BvS were funny. The action sequences and lightsaber battles were great though. And C3PO was very entertaining.

Last edited by tk13; 12-23-2019 at 05:05 PM..
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.