Thread: Video Games Doom: Eternal
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 01:55 PM   #80
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
So I'm plodding along, playing this thing in the few free moments I can find. I finally made it to the Doom Hunter at the Citadel. I killed the first one, jump down the hole, and there's three more with a whole herd of other idiots. I just can't get past it. I'm getting really annoyed with it, lol.

How far along are you guys?
Yeah, that spot took me quite a few attempts. ****ing jerks tease you when you defeat the first one and they're like, "Yeah, what about 2 of em' then, bitch?"

What worked best for me was using the plasma rifle to break their energy shields, then using lock on rockets and grenades when their shields are temporarily down. The hard part was both at the same time. You've got to get positioned so you're not taking direct fire from both at the same time. Using the plasma rifle to break shields takes up a lot of ammo though. But I maxed out ammo upgrades before anything else. Still have to dash around and glorykill some imps for ammo though.

I have good luck using the rune that slows down time when you're in the air. Especially against big demons. In this case, I would break the baddie's energy shield, jump real high and slow down time, and send off a huge volley of whatever I could launch. I use that one, the one that let's you do a glory kill from far away, and the one that gives health for bloodpunch. On the levels with crazy parkour jumps and stuff I switch to the rune that allows for air control. That really let's you get to secret locations and hard to reach spots.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.