View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #112
Got swag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoswaff View Post
As a former collegiate wrassler, I can say with confidence that in a no rules fight, JKD is for the birds.

Jk...to an extent. All depends on the JKD student. A lot of them are birds, but I'm sure there might be 1 or 2 of them out there that aren't....but if they aren't birds, they probably have wrasslin skills.

But Tyson would kill Bruce Lee. No doubt about it.

There is a JKD clinic in our area. These people were feared locally. Heck, the biggest prag in the world would simply start attending sessions there, and they were seemingly automatically given tough guy badges. I never bought that crap. I always thought they were birds. Their tough guy images were tarnished a bit when they actually started competing in MMA and every one of them got their (_l_)s handed to them (unless they had wrasslin experience). The real deals in the MMA in our area are the former wrasslers.
I didn't get past this. Formless scientific street fighting is what Bruce called it. Heh and this discussion is pretty ****ing reeruned. Tyson is a standup fighter.. He has no grapple skills or real ground game.. No one can deny the size advantage -- Bruce was 5'7 142lbs on his best day... I don't think a lot of you understand how much power this little guy could generate...
If Bruce ate a direct punch from Mike -- he'd be out... I just don't think he'd be able to hit him..
If Bruce pendulum stepped a side kick into Tyson's midrib, he wouldn't just stand there and absorb the kick... heh.

Last edited by QuikSsurfer; 03-17-2012 at 10:58 PM..
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.