View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #829
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So I left the draft for a week or so to 'clean' it; forgot who got taken where and try not to game the system at all.

And man, it's REAL hard to find fault with Rainman on this sucker. My draft is only a tiny bit different than his:

32. Grant Delpit, S - LSU -- He's just too damn versatile and too talented to pass on, IMO. Love this kid and how impossibly varied he can make our secondary.

63. Noah Igbinoghene, CB - Auburn -- Nothing clever here; need meets availability and a pretty straightforward 'right' pick in all likelihood. I like Harrison a lot but I couldn't talk myself into passing on a young CB who can play inside or out.

96. Willie Gay Jr., LB - MSU -- Actually got lucky here because I was pretty sure Staylor had taken him before 96 so didn't figure I'd get that LB upgrade I wanted. This would work out perfectly for KC.

138. Jonah Jackson - G/C - OSU -- Versatile IOL who can play in multiple positions and multiple schemes. Since we aren't entirely sure where we need help on the IOL only that we probably do, he's an ideal get.

177. Antonio Gibson - RB/WR, Memphis -- Love Lynn Bowden in this draft and see Gibson as a similar sort of underutilized hybrid weapon. Anytime you can get an athletic gadget in Reid's hands, you do it.

So in re-running the draft and not remembering who RM took past the first round, I took 2 of the same players he did and in reviewing his picks can't find a ton of fault in any of the picks he actually DID make. I like mine a little more, but of course I would - it's mine. His is pretty damn good in its own right, though.
I ended up at +259 for the Chiefs. Pretty damn nice given a relatively small number of picks and nothing in the 6th and 7th where you can really juice your numbers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.