Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
I would actually be interested to know how much they spent on visual effects back then, and whether or not they could do more for less nowadays. Look at all the shows on TV now, from "GoT" to "Shannara" to "Flash". I would think 20+ years ago it cost much more money to do CGI and starfields and such. And how much of it at the end was for the salaries, as well; no one was a household name at first but by the end of the series they were all popular, especially Stewart.

(Don't get me wrong, I still think it would bomb, because I just don't see the interest for it. Whatever's left to be wrung out of Star Trek storylines is going to happen in the films anyway.)
VFX are still very expensive, which is why LucasFilm hasn't produced a live action Star Wars series.

GOT does some green screening but they mostly film on location. 13 episodes costs HBO nearly $80 million this past season but they have a gigantic subscriber base in order to justify those costs.

As I mentioned earlier, Netflix has more than 30 million subscribers and CBS All Access has less than 100k, so I can't see how this series will be a "winner" for CBS, unless they hire complete unknowns and build cheesy sets, like those in the '60's.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.