Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
My guess is that the premiere will do a big number when they air it on CBS (which they've already said they're going to do) and they'll quickly work out some deal to air the whole season. Probably something like the episodes will premiere on the app then air on TV a couple weeks later.

Also I don't hate the idea of an anthology format, if for no other reason than it keeps alive my dream of the TNG cast getting a non-shitty send-off.
I will be shocked if a brand new Star Trek pilot draws big numbers on CBS and there would be no incentive for anyone $5.99 per month to watch an episode two weeks early, which would defeat the purpose of the app.

FWIW, CBS All Access has less than 100,000 subscribers while Netflix has more than 30 million.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.