Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 01:27 PM   #771
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
I'm just saying that the problem isn't just one or two directors getting too much leash.

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
The Eternals
Multiverse of Madness
Love & Thunder

Some will defend one or another, and some were better than others, but they were all bad movies (Shang Chi was the best of the lot, and might be considered mediocre rather than bad). Every one of them saw the problems start at the beginning: the script/storyline. Wokeness, some bad acting, too much needless CGI, and other things also combined to make the problem. And we could see this coming at least as far back as with Captain Marvel (I would argue that the seeds of the rot were planted in Black Panther).
I think most would disagree about a few of those. Critics loved Shang-Chi. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. Doctor Strange was well-received too.

I don't think either are masterpieces, but I probably wouldn't describe any Marvel movie as a "masterpiece."
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.