Thread: Other Games Board Game Fans?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:07 AM   #117
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Picked up and loved splendor, fun game. Does anyone have suggestions on other board games that are 2 player. So far my wife and I have picked up Rivals For Catan, Splendor and Forbidden Island. We like playing board games but a lot of times we can't get a group together to play.

There used to be literally NO good options for two player games. It's better now, but still not that great.

Collectible card games are often made specifically for two player. Magic is iconic, of course, and you can just buy starter packs and start there. Half the fun, I think, is building decks, but you need to buy more cards to do that. There are many other CCGs out there, however. Fair Warning: they can be a bit of a financial black hole.

Star Fleet Battles is a great game for two players, but older, and VERY math intensive. The rules are beyond daunting. I would suggest not getting into that without someone to teach you. It's basically a game by engineers, for engineers.

Silverton, another old game which is likely out of print (Ebay) can be alot of fun with just two. God help you when Cripple Creek gold craps out after only two turns!

Dominion is another card game, but not really a collectible card game. It comes in a box, and you build your deck as you play. Infinite variations on the game play, especially with expansions.

Carcassone plays very well with just two. It's a quick game, with interesting strategies despite the simple gameplay.

Cribbage, of course, is a great card game for just two players.

I don't know how many Arkham Horror is designed for, but I've done it with three players, each playing two handed (so there are 6 "characters"). Much more of a cooperative, us-against-the-game, system, you could certainly do two players each playing two characters, and see if you can survive the insanity!

Ticket to Ride is perfectly do-able with just two. The board is pretty wide open, however, so it's nto really optimal.

Agricola is a great game. Plays better with more than two, but is playable with two.

Can answer questions on any of these if you like.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.