Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #1177
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Thankya sir; got my wings built for it yesterday during the draft so I just need to get the fences installed and the track hooked up and it'll be fully functional. Then it'll just be hanging the doors and trimming it out.

Got a deal made on a 14" bandsaw yesterday.

1.5 hp motor I'm going to rewire for my 220 circuit, has a riser setup installed so it gives it 12" resaw capacity. With that much ass, it'll fly through most re-saws apart from real hard woods. It has a true rail system for the fence so you slap a tall re-saw fence on there and it's almost infinitely versatile.

I have a ton of rough cut walnut I got from my wife's grandma when she moved (over 100 boards that are about 1.5-2 inches thick and 8-10 feet long). I'm not gonna lie - I'm getting a hard as a diamond in an ice storm thinking about the veneers I can make with this saw and that walnut. I can do a bunch of 1/16 walnut veneer that's about 8 inches wide and could turn something as simple as that miter saw table into something that looks furniture grade by just skinning it with that walnut.

Have spent about 2 years talking myself out of buying a bunch of custom cabinets for my bathroom because it's about $10 grand. Well **** that - I can buy a couple of boards, make veneers and some new doors and rock and roll. I'll pay for this new saw 10 times over if I can get that all dialed in. I'll probably experiment by putting veneers in my gloss black fish tank stand.
Yeah. **** bathrooms. I’m getting bids on mine - nothing fancy - and mother of God. It’s a ****ing poop shack folks. It can’t be THAT expensive can it?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.