View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #99
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If he took 13/330 with no opt outs, he would have taken 10/300.

Instead, the Cardinals end up giving that money to the Cecils and Gregersons of the world.
I'm not sure he would've. He wanted the 'record guarantee' and i think the only way he was getting that was to spread it out over 13 years and agree to no opt-outs.

With Stanton sitting at $325, I think it Harper and Boras wanted to be able to break the record. I can't speak to why - it's only gonna last as long as it takes Trout to re-negotiate or hit FA, if it even lasts that long.

The Cardinals should've given it to him. If baseball's revenues continue up and the players get the luxury tax increased (they will), even a 5% increase annually is conservative and 13 years down the road that money will be nominal; maybe 10% of the Cardinals payroll for a player who will have, with reasonable health, settled into franchise icon status.

It's just absurdly chickenshit.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.