View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #15073
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
No, I'm not expecting it, but at this point Mahomes has been such a freakin dream that I wouldn't at all be surprised if he didn't care if he became the highest paid QB in the NFL when his extension comes up.

Like, this guy could have been making money right out of the gate on endorsements and decided instead to wait a full year until he got his dorky little local credit union commercial all because it would ensure locker room cohesion. He understands team. He loves team. All of his actions up to this point have demonstrated exactly that.

I don't care what he gets paid. Throw the moon at him. Do whatever it takes. Give him a blank check as far as I'm concerned. All I'm saying is that from what I've observed, Mahomes is SUCH a team player, I wouldn't at all be surprised at this point to see him go, "Y'know what, if I'm making all this money, it takes away from the players we can go acquire to help us win, so I won't ask for $50 million per year or whatever it will be at that point... shave off 10% of my AAV if it means keeping enough good players on the team."
I think you might have to watch out for Dallas. Mahomes and his dad were big time Cowboy fans until the Chiefs drafted him. Sure as hell looks like Prescott is a game manager and they would probably love a chance to get Mahomes. That’s a wild card that could force the Chiefs to max him out if they want to keep him.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.