Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: Ozark
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #82
In Search of a Life

Finally started watching this. We only have a couple of episodes left.

It's good. People who say it's as good as Breaking Bad are insane. It also feels really derivative of Breaking Bad to me, as far as the anti-hero (though Walt was far more bumbling at times).

The main gripe I have with the story right now... and I know I should just be happy with willing suspension of disbelief, but domestically making heroin like that would be pretty much impossible. I get that they would probably have made it marijuana 10 years ago when marijuana was still actually considered much of an illicit drug and they didn't want to make it meth because that's overdone and would lend itself to BB comparisons even worse... but the poppy thing just isn't feasible. I actually went and researched it because it piqued my curiosity, and basically you can get a few grams of heroin from an acre of poppy plants. A single junky can shoot a few grams in a day, easily. That's why opium production pretty much only happens in countries where the government is complicit in the production. It requires entire gigantic plantations on an industrial scale to produce enough for actual profitability.

Last edited by NewChief; 09-08-2017 at 10:29 AM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote