View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 02:45 PM   #45
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A hand? Yeah.

A tournament? Nah - when I used to play a lot I knew when I was playing well and when I was irritated or chasing or just not focused and playing poorly.

If you're getting cold-decked it's not 'luck' to play in such a way that allows you to ride out your cold spell and then take advantage of it when you start getting better cards. Or to know when to lean on guys when THEY'RE clearly chasing.

There's plenty of skill involved in poker.
I would say there is much more luck involved in poker than you even are giving credit for. In one tournament, I'd rather be one of the worst players in the field and be one of the luckiest and it isn't even close. You can be absolutely awful and win a poker tournament.

When I play online in cash games I win only 53 or 54% of the time in a given cash session. In live cash where the games are much much easier I win about 62% of the time. In one day, one game, luck is the biggest factor of my success.

Over an entire year luck STILL a factor, just not the biggest factor. And in football you are only playing 17 + playoff games so there is that much more of a luck factor than some other sports or games.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.