Thread: Movies and TV The New Top Gear UK
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #53
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Haven't watched it yet but hopeful this week was better than last. Thought the Live Die Repeat style segment that made up most of the show last week was awful.
While I understand the criticism from TG fans [as one], I'm somewhat at sea regarding assessing the criticism as a show [re]building its brand.

I watched the 2nd episode at Thanksgiving at much insistence, in the midst of an audience who'd never heard of TG and had no interest whatsoever in cars.

While I found the banter retread and slightly lazy, they found the hijinx boisterous and hilarious. They murmured that they'd have to remember to check it out later.

And I have to admit, their enjoyment made the episode more enjoyable for me as well.

Kind of reminds me of the dynamic when a rabid fan of a band hates it when they 'make the big' time and everyone loves their music. The fan isn't coming from the same perspective. They've versed themselves in established charms and are looking for growth, while new fans are enjoying those initial charms anew.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.