Thread: Justin Houston
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #29
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
No, but do you cut the guy making 700k or the guy making 20+ million.
I look to cut Sorenson, Parker, Ragland, Scandrick, Murray, Nelson and probably Bailey before I cut Houston.

Having Houston on the field is a net positive. He's good for a huge splash play probably every 2-3 games on average while giving consistent effort and solid run defense on a play-to-play basis. Plus he's intelligent and doesn't commit penalties.

Sorenson's got a $5.2m cap hit, Nelson $2m, Scandrick $1.2m, Ragland $1m, Bailey $8m. The only one of that lot worth a damn is Bailey but I'm not sure we couldn't get 75% of his production for at or near league minimum.

You cut Houston and we're looking at Speaks playing 90% of snaps. If he goes down you're looking at Zombo starting again. No thanks.

I say keep Houston one more season. Find his replacement. Keep him around at a greatly reduced pay scale after his contract is up if he appears to still have some juice.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.