Thread: Movies and TV Syfy: The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #167
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
That was an amazing episode. Maybe the best so far.

So evidently the cancellation was because Syfy only has rights to initial broadcast. So they only make money on the advertising during first run of episodes. Amazon has the streaming rights. Syfy wasn't making enough.

So - and this is just me, I've heard nothing yet - but I bet this becomes a Prime Original. It brings with it a degree of critical acclaim that no other science fiction show - on ANY platform - can match at this point in time. And it's an already in production program that's firing on all cylinders. They'd know exactly what they have. Hook this up with Man in the High Castle and their upcoming Tolkien project and they basically own genre at this point. Netflix has Stranger things and maybe Altered Carbon (which hasn't been renewed and only has two more novels even if it is) or Lost in Space (season 1 nothing special).

Fingers crossed...
I agree, last nights episode was one of the best so far. Helluva lot more action, which has been missing lately. By far, my favorite show right now.

I hope you're right. From what little I know about the business this looks like a turn key show/opportunity.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.