View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That's always been what they were aiming for. I'd imagine it's just a matter of the facility now being ready along with the confidence that they will hit the target at least even if it still falls over. I'm sure it's easier to land on land than on a barge also.
It was my understanding that they were landing at Cape Canaveral, and the reason was to avoid the "moving target" that was the barge. I'd imagine they'd have less turbulent winds also.

This isn't to say they've given up on barge landings, but with the B.O. landing, and the willy nilly nature of public perception, no matter how wrong, the pressure is on.

They'll probably perfect landings on land, then move to the slightly more difficult barges.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.