Thread: Movies and TV Deadwood
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I need to finish watching the series first. I got like....5 episodes in and stopped.
Deadwood is a show I wish I could watch for the first time.

One thing to enrich your experience is to bone up on the actual history of the town.

The show is definitely stylized and a lot of the detail is created for narrative purposes. But still, an amazing amount of the detail hews remarkably close to history. A lot of what you watch, you say 'wow, can you imagine if that really happened.' And then you see that, in broad strokes, a lot of it actually did.

And it really delivers some strong and salient messages about what it means to live in a society. We quibble to this day about things like rules, regulations, taxes, decency, community, diversity, etc. And these people were bringing it to life on the fly with absolutely [or nearly] no rules to constrain them. You really get a sense of what compacts must be present to exist and thrive, and what are superfluous or luxurious.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.