Thread: Life One Week to Retirement
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 05:05 PM   #166
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
This is so true. I didn't get any advice on such things when I was in my 20's. I didn't start a retirement plan until my early 30's which was a major mistake. Fortunately, I was able to catch up.
I have some young employees that I manage in their 20's that have chose not to participate in any of the retirement plans that are offered. When I talk to them about just putting in 3% and getting the matching from our employer they balk. I try to tell them but it falls on deaf ears. So to you youngsters out there, start investing now!
Yeah, sucks there's so little focus on this in school since investing early can make such a huge difference later... and like you said, it doesn't have to be 10% of your paycheck or anything crazy. Even if you start at say 1% of your paycheck, add 1% every year for a while or whenever you get a raise.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote