View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #57
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
That changed for me when I became a servant leader of sorts and volunteered in a place where there was true need. It was then that it hit me that "I'm okay, but maybe these folks could use a hand. A friend. An ear to listen. They didn't care what I did for a living. they were glad I was there and present.

It changed my life. Even through the angst of COVID, I've only had moments of angst. I'm still doing what makes me happy and still trying to volunteer to help others who have real needs. Needs that are much greater than mine.

So, Mecca;

It's probably not the solution for everybody. But when you see the people who have real needs, needs far greater than your own... well, it set my mind right. And now I feel as good as I've felt in my life.
This is great advice - something I should definitely consider.

It provides a dual function. 1) It provides a purpose that can never truly be fully accomplished (there will ALWAYS be people in need) and 2) It demands you maintain perspective.

Fantastic insight, sir.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.