Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 01:24 AM   #3625
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Clearly you haven't ever shot one. Plenty disagree....

I've shot a couple. And for their intended purpose, they serve.

But chambered in .22LR? It's an expensive toy. Any bolt-action version will be more accurate and more reliable. Even in a pseudo-AR platform it'd be more accurate, and more ergonomic.

Bullpups for the average shooter are inaccurate, badly designed platforms, period. Given a hundred or so practice rounds I can put rounds on target out to a respectable distance with a bullpup, but most can't. I've seen people miss A-boxes at least than 15 yards using a bullpup for the first time.

And in .22LR I can't think of a single decent purpose for the platform. Varmint shooting? Sorry, but the base platform would be a much, much better set-up.

Plinking? Ditto. I could, much more easily hit pop cans at 100 yards with a standard 10/22 than you could with the bullpup version. Probably I could out-shoot you or any average shooter, while legally drunk between the two platforms.

About the only scenario where the bullpup would out-perform the standard platform would be some kind of game scenario at very close range. And even then, any decent AR-15 would be the better choice and much easier to operate for the average shooter. Hell, I could probably do it with any handgun in my safe.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.