View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 PM   #65
Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana
Fair enough CF, I'll expect you after the game. I have a feeling it is is going to be be one of the best of the season and should have been on Monday Night Football. As far as our D line, I think you will be surprised if you think Maddox won't get thumped a few times. There is a huge difference between what we had last year and what we have now in the talent department. I am more worried about the match up between your WR's and our CB's to be honest. BTW: Welcome to the board.
Thanks, Bwana! I've read so many insightful replies and I can tell that you guys are diehards. It is a real pleasure discussing football with some GREAT FANS LIKE THE CHIEFS HAVE!

I agree with your take regarding that the game should of been a Sunday or Monday night show case. The problem with the NFL is that they preschedule all of these games and don't have the flexibility to show some of the best potential games...

I truely believe that this is a bigger game for your franchise simply because it's someone other than the Faiders (I hate them too!). Plus, the Steelers made the playoffs last year and they were still developing under Tommy Maddox...

The Steelers really hit the lottery with getting Tommy. It was funny but when I saw him perform a few preseasons ago, I knew that he had the tools to lead this team and so did the Steelers. They signed him to a long term deal with the intention that he could start at QB...

I don't think he's a fluke and he does have all of the players around him to make him that much more effective...

I respect your D line, especially Holliday. He's disruptive and our O-line better be up for the challenge...

Your O-line with Roaf and Tate is definately a strength. Holmes needs those guys to put the Steelers on their butts but I don't see this happening, since we excell at stopping the run...

I don't think you have the skill players at the WR position that strike fear in defenses. Not to disrespect or underestimate guys like Morton, etc, but I think if a team can handle Holmes, it really slows down what you guys are trying to do...

One BIG FACTOR IS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! However, I don't think this will be that much of a concern, since we've been in hostile enviornments before. Try playing in places like Cleveland, Tenn, and others...

I hope all of you are BRAVE ENOUGH to come back to your board and hear it from me. I'm one of the more vocal Steeler fans around and I'll enjoy coming here and letting all of your have it...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"