View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #278
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie View Post
Hopefully that works out for the Chiefs. Since Lamar Jackson did it against teams he beat, I guess Tannehill will win against the Chiefs, agaun. Patriots beat the Dolphins, until they didn't. I'm not sure why people can't grasp that the regular season no longer matters in the playoffs.

No previous outcome MATTERS in the playoffs, but what they show us about matchups and tendencies can inform expectations of outcomes.

Lamar Jackson is a great QB and a good player. But at this stage in his career, he also kind of needs the game to stay on schedule/script to be effective as a passer.

It’s not dissimilar to Tannehill, actually. Who is best when the play-action game is set up and he’s in third and medium or less.

Tannehill fits that scheme and setup nicely. He still has things to prove when he consistently faces 3rd and long, as we saw against New England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This is the type of game that will emphasize how big of a pick up Suggs is. He’s not a young energetic rusher anymore, but he’s a damn good run defender on the edge.

I’d like up in a beat front with 3 DT’s and have Clark/Suggs on the edge with Ragland crashing running lanes.

I like that alignment, especially if Jones is healthy and is lined up like a 34 DE. Saunders-Pennel-Jones would be a pretty good combo of size and athleticism.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.