View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
I’d disagree a little bit. It’s not a kids hobby if you want the biggest hits Of the biggest stars and one of ones that sell for 50k, sure. But if you collect anyone who isn’t like a top 4 guy in the sport, collecting singles is really nice and not very expensive. I went to my local shop a while ago and in front of me was a kid in a kris Bryant jersey and he had like 5 Bryant jersey cards and autographs. Cost the dad like 80 bucks. I’m sure the kid thinks they are priceless. Heck if you look at Kelce and Hill you can find all sorts of autographs for a reasonable price. The front page of eBay results has a hill #ed to 10 going for 60 bucks buy it now. It’s a great market for people who aren’t whale hunting at 2k a piece boxes that have 8 cards per pack.
A 2020 Bowman Hobby box is $300-325 in most places. Jumbo boxes are over $550. 90% of Bowman is junk paper.

A 2020 Topps Hobby Box, which was produced with junk wax print run numbers is over $100. A Jumbo box is well over $200.

They don't have to buy boxes? How many kids do you know that can go into a hobby shop and pay $15-50 per pack?

I'm not even going to get into the troubles with retail and how it takes advantage of kids dollars.

Collecting singles will never grow the hobby. A boy wants a treasure hunt.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.