View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #43
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I had no idea so many people have experienced pets with diabetes. How on earth does a pet get diabetes? Did you fee them crappy food that the first ingredient is corn?
With my cat it's pretty simple really. He was a rescue. He was just this tiny little malnourished orange cat. He looked like he was at the end of his rope, rough hair, skin and bones. But he came up to my kids one day outside and he was just super friendly and I felt bad for him so we took him in.

He probably gained 10lbs in 2 months. He was kitten size and then full cat size in the snap of a finger. But because of that experience he's always been an overeater, he can't get out of his head that he's going to starve so he must eat as much as he can.

So basically if you free feed and he's a food hoarder this can happen. My other 3 don't eat like that so I don't worry about them.

But even with all that only about 1% of cats will actually be diabetic.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.