Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I enjoyed watching that. Made me wonder if his conclusions were all predetermined by the writers beforehand, or if it the Cap trilogy just grew into that narrative and story over time. Either way, great observations.
Yeah. Hard telling. Either way, of all the accomplishments of the MCU, the directional choices, the capacity of management to work with the directors and vice versa, cannot be overstated. It isn't the properties that make it work, they could make movies about Puff the Magic Dragon and it would still be amazing. I mean FFS, a foul mouthed CGI racoon can tug on my heart strings by caring about a tree.

That being said, as we move this thing further into space, I have some concerns, albeit with no historical basis.

Looking back over all the properties, my favorite ones deal with humans. Cap, IM, Hawkeye, etc. What resonates with me is the more grounded storylines. Those don't really come through as heavily in the space stuff.

I mean, they've done really well (See Rocket's ridiculously good emoting), but I have concerns nonetheless.

But like I've said, they've earned the rope to hang themselves with.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.