View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don't think the Chiefs can afford him, and Conley IMO is still a very dangerous weapon tailor made for Mahomes. The guy is probably another 600 yard ish WR with Alex. The problem with Robinson IMO is that Andy likes to spread the ball around everywhere.

I love Allen Robinson, but from what I've seen, priority #1 for the Chiefs financially has to be keeping Mitch Morse and Bennie Logan. I'm all for using the $$ on elite caliber lineman to protect Mahomes and blow up runnng plays. Those are rare players that are difficult to replace and WR has never been a premiere position in Andy'a offense.

IMO, we ideally get a 2nd for Alex, get a CB like Shaq Griffin (Seattle pick this year) and a new slot receiver like Cooper Kupp, then use the rest on the lines.
Conley isn't a dangerous weapon. He's just too damn long in his strides and slow in/out of his cuts. If Reid can scheme him open, he's fine. But he doesn't create space on his own. He's a glorified 2nd TE in many ways. Honestly, I think DeMarcus Robinson has more potential in this offense than Conley at this point. I hate it, but man those feet just look slow to me.

You may be right - getting another premier WR in here may not be needed. But man, A. Robinson brings an 'all levels' dimension that this team has NEVER had. Well, not since Otis. He can take off downfield, body a guy over the middle or make a quick cut to create room. When healthy, he's a true 'every play' weapon.

Perhaps Reid's ability to scheme provides diminishing returns on that kind of weapon. But it was only when he had TO that he was able to get to the Super Bowl. Sometimes there's no trumping talent.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.