View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #47
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So my wild-ass dream scenario had the Jags not franchising Allen Robinson and the Chiefs making a strong push for him next off-season. It seemed unlikely but possible if Bortles undercut him again.

Well with his injury, I don't see any way Jax can franchise him. It might also give the Chiefs a shot at a bit of a discount. If Smith returns, there's no way they can get Robinson in here even on a reduced deal.

So the calculus becomes more difficult at that point. Granted, they'd also need to see the medicals on him but if you had a shot at bringing in a 25 yr old WR with 1,400 yard skills and the size/speed combo to help Mahomes across the board, it sure would be hard to pass on that chance so you could give Smith another go.

I guess there's always another free agent, but man - young WRs with huge seasons and great measurables don't hit the market that often. A healthy Robinson with a good QB is a genuine WR1, IMO. He can do everything you want from a WR. If he hits the market and the medicals check out, I just don't see how you can keep Smith around - it's time to move forward and he could be a big part of the future here.
I don't think the Chiefs can afford him, and Conley IMO is still a very dangerous weapon tailor made for Mahomes. The guy is probably another 600 yard ish WR with Alex. The problem with Robinson IMO is that Andy likes to spread the ball around everywhere.

I love Allen Robinson, but from what I've seen, priority #1 for the Chiefs financially has to be keeping Mitch Morse and Bennie Logan. I'm all for using the $$ on elite caliber lineman to protect Mahomes and blow up runnng plays. Those are rare players that are difficult to replace and WR has never been a premiere position in Andy'a offense.

IMO, we ideally get a 2nd for Alex, get a CB like Shaq Griffin (Seattle pick this year) and a new slot receiver like Cooper Kupp, then use the rest on the lines.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.