View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #792
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The re-read is even better. Congrats!

Steven Erikson makes every other fantasy writer look like a lightweight. The guy is a genius.
Yeah, I’ve simply never read anything in the genre that approaches his thematic depth. I could absolutely get lost in his prose with his characters not even moving the plot along, but just having some meta conversation on the nature of hero’s journey and just be rapt.

And if that kind of thing is not for you, then the epic set pieces are sure to please everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I picked up the whole series on audio and I picked up even more listening to the series after reading it twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I finished my re-read last month, got a lot more out of it the second time through.
Has anyone read the ICE stuff or the Kharkanas stuff that’s been released? I’m curious how it stacks up.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli