View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #116
Deus ambulans inter homines

IF they come to the decision based on their evaluation of the top 2 QB’s in the draft not being their QBOTF, based on grading out, value at their pick vs other guys on the board they like better… then maybe I could see this going down.
> >
But, I’d like to offer nothing more than a 3rd. It’s a high 3rd, and I don’t think he’s worth our high 2nd. At worst, swap 2nd round picks with them and give them our 4th. Of course, NE isn’t going to want to part with getting so little in return- esp. when Brady’s recovery is in limbo and there is no proven reliable other backup up in beantown. I don’t think they can feasible try and tag him b/c they’d have to pay him 14.25 mil next year at the minimum. That’s a huge gamble, and that cap hit would seriously screw with their ability to field their 53 man roster as they’d like and they’d be stupid to screw with the team’s roster for cap space when they have a good shot at another title for at least a few years, presumably… ?
> >
Pioli would already know this like the back of his hand in regards to MC being a true starter caliber QB. However, if KC doesn’t take a sniff of the guy during FA, other teams are going to take notice of his apparent lack of interest. Of course Pioli could also do this just to try to drive down his value, both in terms of offering a draft pick to get him and negotiating his contract? See how much more control you can leverage when you have a tight ship that doesn’t have a bunch of leaks!
> >
If we did go that route, Pioli could then go his normal course of selecting a QB in the later rounds of the draft like he’s done each year.. I thought I remember hearing that Rhett Bomar had himself a fairly good showing during Senior Bowl week, and would be someone of good value depending on how late you can take a runner on the guy?
> >
> >
For whoever mentioned picking up Boldin in FA, I’d LOVE to do that. After the guy had his face broken earlier this year and he managed to come back after 4 weeks, when most players would have sat out the rest of the year, and the fact he refused to take any painkillers with that much damage- he can play for my team any day of the week. Dude just loves playing football. If Haley ended up being our HC, he might be able to sway him to come along, but I thought I heard that LF was offering to redo his contract so AZ could resign him? I don’t think Haley and Boldin have any bad blood regardless of their little skirmish on the sidelines.

Quote:
No, seriously.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/ga...her/index.html

New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel doesn’t like golden showers.

The football star was in line for the bathroom at ESPN’s Tampa Bay Super Bowl bash Friday night when a drunken reveler tried to cut in front of him. “Matt told him to wait his turn and headed into the urinals,” a spy tells us. Moments later, the fella barged in and proceeded to purposefully pee directly on Cassel’s leg. After security tossed the drunk, Cassel headed back out into the crowd, wet pants and all
It was Pollard that pissed on him. Dude seriously does not like NE QB's!!
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.