Thread: Movies and TV Cutting Cable.
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #127
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
After Game of Thrones.....we're dumping DirecTV now and not using any of the streaming services other than Amazon Prime and Netflix. We've found that we don't even really watch anything other than a couple of shows and it's mostly filler while we're eating dinner or doing something around the house.
Cut the cord (hard to believe this) 5 years ago. Uverse had me on autopay and very quietly added channels and fees until I was well over $200 per month. I told them to **** off (they obliged) and I'll never give them, or any other cable company, another dime as long as I breathe.

You'll find that you will read/talk/listen to more music or podcasts and actually enjoy yourself more without cable. I got rid of FB on my phone and cut my screen time to about 40 minutes a day too. Tired of being a slave to the phone too. I estimate my cable savings at well over $10,000 over 5 years.

Netflix and Prime are what we have currently. And we wouldn't have that if it were up to me. I get all of my TV shows through KODI. Some movies too.

I'm a big documentary guy so Flix takes care of what I like to watch really well.

As for sports, I stream all baseball/basketball/hockey through various free sources.

Except the Chiefs. 12$ HD antennas on all TV's pulls them in just fine. And it's about 15/20 seconds faster through the air than cable or satellite. It's annoying to my friends when texting back and forth and the Chiefs are in the huddle on their cable hooked TV, and I'm texting "TOUCHDOWN... Incredible throw!!! OMFG!!! from my antenna driven TV.

I'm not into fantasy football so if a game isn't on free, it's of no interest to me. Locally, when the Chiefs are on SNF/MNF they broadcast those on the ABC affiliate so I don't have to miss it.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation