View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #105
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Teams just don't do it...but other teams don't have Patrick ****ing Mahomes, the reigning NFL MVP who is 24 years old.

IF you stand pat in the draft every year, you're going to picking low 20's to #32 every year for the next decade plus. Your chances of keeping your team stocked with plus talent are pretty sketchy.

You're going to have to pay Mahomes soon. That means your ability to go pay Frank Clarks and Honey Badgers in free agency is going to be compromised.

the other option is to trade for proven young talent with your draft picks when the opportunity arises.

I think it makes too much sense not to try to do that when you can.

He's scheme flexible, can play multiple positions, is a good player, and allows you to NOT pay Fuller when he's up, and perhaps even Honey Badger when HE is up again.

It's a no-brainer.
Last season there were a couple of no-brainers that could have been done at the deadline that would have likely landed them in the Super Bowl. Everything you just said was valid last year, maybe even more so, and they went home while the Patriots went to the Super Bowl.

Again. I’m all for it but I’m not holding my breath.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.