Thread: Chiefs Derrick Johnson
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I love DJ but there have been a couple of times in these last two games where he looks a little gimpy. I am not sure if he still has some soreness or if he doesn't fully trust his ACL but there have been a few times where I have seen him just give up on an angle because he wasn't able to move fast enough. Unfortunately for this reason I think this is his last year. Maybe he can come back to coach the LBers!
I saw him get absolutely toasted trying to get to an edge last week, but I'm pretty sure it was Sproles that did it and despite Sproles age, he can still torch even the youngest LB.

There's no question at all that he's lost a step. But he does play a pretty crucial role in getting the defense set up. That's why I say the Chiefs would end up having to pay a hometown premium if they paid him for what he can do here in KC rather than what his free agent market would be.

He's not going to be nearly as good/valuable anywhere else as he is here. The athleticism that made him so dynamic 5 years ago is well in his rearview.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.