View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 02:01 PM   #282
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
You're telling me someone is turning down more money over a ****ing practice facility ��

They have no control where they are drafted and FA decisions are based on how much money they get....PERIOD. I've also never heard of a trade blocked over it either "home town discounts " and "caring about practice facilities " simply don't exist in any imactful way
One of the most frustrating things we learned in hiring attorneys and managers (theoretically people who would be good big picture thinkers) was that the bottom line didn't matter much to most people.

They cared about salary.

Car, bonuses, annual profit distributions, gold plated healthcare - didn't matter. We were losing folks to higher salaries that actually offered less total compensation over a 12 month timeline.

So we stopped. Just said 'screw it - let them come to us after a couple years and ask for some of that stuff. If it's salary that gets them to yes, change the salary and make the rest of it worse...'

It ended up 1-2% cheaper for us to just pay higher salaries with lesser benefits. And in so doing, we had better success getting people hired. It just wasn't worth the headache to swim upstream anymore so we didn't.

The vast vast VAST majority of people make that choice on salary. The rest of it is something that may impact job satisfaction and retention later on down the road. But to get people in the door, it was salary that mattered and I don't suspect football players are much different.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote