View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #175
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Technically no he is not a rookie but you knew what I meant. He will have 1 training camp as a starter, he will have 1 pre-season worth of games as a starter, he will have 1 yr without Alex being his "binky" with only 1 NFL game under his belt that really meant nothing to the opposition, but the upside of that game was that he did what he was supposed to do to lead and win that game regardless.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see as few ROOKIE mistakes as possible in his 2nd year. I want him to rock it for sure. BUT be emotional prepared for growing pains and losses is all I am saying especially with a defense that is still in rebuild mode. Like I have said before, at least we will have a QB now who will make mistakes being aggressive trying to make a play downfield thus more likely than not we will always be in the game until the very end.

I get all the excitement and not trying to be a wet blanket here but I am realistic as well which I think many here are not.

Aside from his physical talent the biggest plus I see is his "moxy maturity" and his love for the game and his intense passionate drive to win.
What is with all the baby references? Cutting teeth (twice) and now binky? You are talking as if Mahomes is some little baby that will be coughing up the ball. And if Mahomes does throw an INT it is a mistake- not sure why you keep tagging on ROOKIE Mistake- because once again- he is Not a rookie.

You say you are not trying to be a wet blanket (baby reference) but are pimping a team that has not beat us in 4 years and has an aging, immobile QB who is the King of "Rookie" mistakes when it comes to ball security and closing out games. It would be great if you had an original opinion instead of just quoting the same thing in the media- Rookie QB / shitty defense- won't make the playoffs. I think you are all discounting Mahomes- he stepped into the QB position in college with very little experience and was able to keep the job over a couple of good QB's. Personally, I think after winning in Denver he should have stayed the starter and we would have won that playoff game. Alex was terrible.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote