View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #23
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
In more than 22 years of building PC's for my recording studio, I've never built an AMD, nor has any manufacturer recommended that I purchase an AMD (as a matter of fact, it's been blatantly stated to avoid them at all costs), so I'll defer to you.

That said, I'll never purchase or build an AMD based computer. I'm sure they're fine for other applications but not for pro audio.
AMD has been shit until recently, so it's no surprise that people have been telling you over 22 years to avoid them.

Ryzen is a different animal and the support of Ryzen from AMD is much better than the support from Intel. Ryzen has used the same socket for 4 years now. Intel will refresh the same shit from 3 years ago and sell it as new by adding 1 extra pin to the CPU so you have to buy a new motherboard too.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote