View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #103
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
I can't see any way 13% gets it done. That would be a little over $25 million this year. I have a hard time seeing anything below 18% getting it done. What would motivate him, or anyone for that matter, to take a deal like that that would take years of salary cap escalation to get to the "top tier" QB salaries? Couple that with the possibility of the cap decreasing or seemingly at best, a small increase in 2021 after. I can't expect the typical yearly cap increase next year that we have seen for a while now.

I would trust Veach and the cap guys to be able to continually field a very good team at other important cornerstone positions with 82% of the cap.
One thing to remember is his cap number the next two years is like $5 million a year. It would still be a large raise the next few years, and then jump as the cap jumps. You’re certainly right, would have to be higher than 13% and or have some performance kickers.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.