View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #7249
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Thought this was kindof an interesting take on Hosmer. Granted, I'm not vested in him and it mirrors my position but it may also be a little bit of salve for Royals fans in the likely event he leaves...

https://www.101sports.com/2017/11/16...on-vs-reality/

The thesis:

Quote:
Hosmer is an inkblot talent … when folks look at him, they’ll see whatever the hell they want to see based on bias or just personal preference.

Hosmer fanatics probably think he’s a poor man’s Joey Votto.

Hosmer skeptics put him slightly above, say, Matt Adams.
And he's right in the respect that there aren't a lot of people in the middle on him. He's one of the stranger, more polarizing FAs we've seen in awhile. I'd say Heyward was something similar in that people questioned if he was worth what his WAR says he is, what was his potential worth and just how valuable was his production since it oft lagged in traditional areas.

Heyward was obviously a gamble lost and Hosmer appears to be in a similar territory to me.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.