Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #243
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Kind of weird for me of all people to be the dissenting voice, but every week I keep waiting for this show to get good, and afterwards I'm always left thinking 'well, that was okay, I guess.'. And if we're propping it up against the Kelvin timeline treks, then maybe it is 'good' by that measure. But put it against something like Altered Carbon on Netflix, which I just binged as a refresher for season 2, and it's not even close. The worst episode of AC (not that there was a bad one really...) is better than any Picard episode. And against something like The Expanse, and, well, it's like Picard is the JV show and The Expanse is the Varsity. So I guess Picard is just a let-down for me so far. Maybe I expected too much.
I think it’s exceeded my own expectations so far (I was fearful it could have been a mess). It was never going to be on the same level as peak TNG or peak DS9, but it’s fine for what it is.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.